Straticom is an award winning Interior Design firm offering innovative solutions for businesses across North America from our offices in Toronto and Ottawa. Our clients include major corporations, institutions, government, non-profit and healthcare organizations. In the last 22 years, Straticom has delivered over 15 million square feet of space and served over 600 clients including more than half of the fortune 100 in Canada. We believe design transforms business. Our culture-focused methodology and business tools help articulate our client’s brands and corporate cultures into environments that have impact on people and the way they interact. We create spaces for people.
The role of the Manager and Director of Business Development is to generate new business for Straticom. The primary goal is to prospect clients, liaise with other consultants such as brokers and project managers, introduce Straticom’s approach and services, support benchmark studies and strategic space planning, respond to RFPs, prepare and present proposals and close new sales. Prospecting and introductions will be achieved through a combination of leveraging external partnerships and relationships to learn of new opportunities, attending industry events, cold calling, monitoring industry press and news to determine possible opportunities and preparing & presenting information about Straticom.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Create a qualified target list of top prospects to pursue.
- Lead engagement strategies in the real-estate community through meetings and participation in industry events and with construction managers, developers, landlords & property managers.
- Contact prospects to arrange an introduction to Straticom – this will include cold / warm calling.
Introductions / Needs Analysis
- Understand potential clients' needs and help them explore options for space solutions.
- Coordinate the completion of space benchmarking studies to help potential clients see opportunities and challenges.
- Help potential clients understand the benefits and trade-offs of certain approaches.
- Assist clients in understanding the benefits to them of the Straticom approach and methodology.
- Assist with client feasibility studies for potential space.
- Prepare and present proposals and pricing to clients.
- Coordinate and attend presentations with other Straticom team members.
- Follow up with clients and external consultants / influencers with respect to any outstanding issues and questions.
- Negotiate scope and services if needed.
- Ensure scope of work is clearly handed off to the delivery team and the hand off appears seamless to the client.
- Secure the signed agreement and retainers.
Relationship Development / Management:
- Develop partnerships with brokers, developers, landlords, end user clients and asset portfolio managers within the real-estate industry.
- Assist in development of relationships within the facility management community.
- Attend and/or participate in industry events (i.e. law, accounting, HR, etc.).
- Explore the forming of a series of real-estate “power teams” including brokers, lawyers, insurance, contractors, furniture suppliers, etc.)
Planning & Administration
- Log all sales activity within Straticom CRM system.
- Track and report regularly on pipeline activity, advancement and results.
- Meet or exceed monthly activity, advancement targets.
- Achieve monthly new business development targets.
- Attend weekly BD meetings to strategize and plan for upcoming business development opportunities.
- Prepare regular call plans for meetings with clear objectives and advancement criteria to objectively assess progress of clients in the pipeline.
- Maintain an objections library and contribute to the over all team learning on how to be more “effective” in our business development efforts.
- Contribute to and help maintain win / loss database.
- Continually enhance the sales pipeline process at Straticom so it is a continually improving process company wide and is integrated into our delivery.
- Proven sales experience and ability to develop new business within the corporate interior design sector.
- Systematic approach to sales and commitment to continually enhance sales approach.
- Diploma or degree in Interior Design a strong asset.
- Understanding of and experience in the commercial real-estate industry.
- Familiarity with all components of office design.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction industry practices, project management and contract administration.
- Active member in the real estate, design, construction community with a good network of industry contacts - peers, contractors, landlords, developers, project managers, brokers, engineers, furniture, fixtures and finish suppliers.
- Other Skills:
- Self starter.
- Attention to detail.
- Determination and persistence to generate leads and follow up to close the sale.
- Ability to lead and follow in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to see the big picture and understand a client’s needs.
- Strong communicator including facilitation / presentation skills (verbal, written, graphic).
- Ability to multi-task, manage time, work independently and in a team and be quick to respond to clients and team members.
- Willing to make cold calls and pursue opportunities.
- Comfortable meeting clients and partners regularly outside the Straticom office.
- Willing to travel from time to time (potential for ~10% of the time).
- Recent experience with Commercial Real Estate, Interior Design, or a related field is required.
Compensation: Salary and bonus commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Development: 5 years
We are seeking highly motivated, creative individuals with strong communication, collaboration, presentation skills and a passion for customer service/client management.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com